Introduction to "All the Tors" Challenge

 Based on the book All the Tors by Emily Woodhouse, the All the Tors Challenge is an attempt to visit all the Tors of the contiguous open access area of Dartmoor contained on the OL28 OS map.

Emily explains the logic behind her reasoning in the video of her challenge attempt.


Inspired during lockdown 2021 to attempt to complete the challenge I adapted the ethics of the challenge to suit my own abilities and time restraints. I would attempt the challenge during a series of walks, normally over 2 days, one night as this was achievable with current work and family commitments.  I would Wild Camp and be self-supported.  With the exception of a few odd Tors very close to the road, or Ivy Tor which I simply forgot I managed to complete the challenge in just under 1 year.  The posts of this site show the Photo's of each Tor Visited and the Strava upload for each days walking.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Stats..

All the Tors. Walk 1 - Day 1 - 26th April 2021